Heading out west in George’s Dad’s campervan proved to be a perfect summer break. This was our second time in the campervan, and we took the tandem and our happy hearts (and Kurt the felt cat), and a ukulele.
The sun shone (except when it rained and the campervan awning almost collapsed, which required some skilful awning adjustments by George), the roads were quiet, and the sky stretched out ever so big and blue.
Day 1: Little Hartley to Canowindra “much more than you imagine”
- A walk down the famous bendy main street, past some quirky shops
- A tandem ride on a quiet country road
- A swim at the local pool
- Dinner at a local pub
Day 2: Canowindra to Cowra “the great escape”
- A visit to the Japanese Garden and Cultural Centre
- Another tandem ride on a quiet road
- Another swim at the local pool
Day 3: Cowra to Little Hartley “a valley of delights”
Hoping you can hit the road once in a while, Betty-Rose